Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ruby-on-Rails or Java?

For a long time now I wanted to build a web application for a specific purpose. I didn't have time to do that because I was working all the time. Now, I finally decided to dedicate some time and build a web application from scratch.
In this blog I’m going to write a step-by-step explanation on how to do that, including the problems, issues etc. I have on the way, and hope that others would benefit from this as well.

So now, I want to build a flexible web application that might be complicated in terms of functionality. Performance is a very important issue but also the time is takes to develop the application and maintain it.
I heard many good things about Ruby-on-Rails lately, but never actually used it. I heard that it can save one a lot of time developing an application. On the other hand, I’m very experienced with Java web applications and therefore not sure if to use RoR or not.
I found a good article regarding the benefits of each language, and I definitely need to consider using each - Ruby on Rails vs. Java

I think I will probably stick with the Java option, but I will check on RoR just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment