Monday, March 22, 2010

Joomla - Help! How to Change Joomla Default Template

I've just installed Joomla after a long long time and I'm trying to work with it again. I thought it would be simple, but it isn't. Here are a bunch of posts that will help anyone who is trying to do the same (I'm writing this so I won't forget...again):

How to Change Joomla Default Template:

  • Login to Joomla administration (your_url/administrator/)
  • Go to Extensions --> Template Manager
  • In the Template Manager screen, make sure that the "site" option is selected (it should be the default)
  • Select the template you want from the list (by default there are 3 options. If you added more templates or removed some you'll have a different list), and click the "Default" icon (on the top right corner with the yellow star icon.)
  • That's it - now you have a different template for your Joomla website.
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment